Hotel in Roda Corfu
Opening announcement: JULY 1st 2020
STATEMENT ON HYGIENE AND CLEANING PROTOCOL
Dear valued guests,
We hope you and your family are healthy and safe during these uncertain and unprecedented times. We are sharing this announcement with you regarding the latest updates. We are happy to announce that travel and holidays are about to start again in sunny Greece. The opening date for Angela Beach Hotel will be: 1/07/2020. We would like to inform you that our team is implementing and following very specific hygiene and cleaning protocol. You will find all the details below of how our team will welcome you and what standards we, all together, will follow in order to have healthy and memorable holidays in Corfu. The management and all members of our team in Angela Beach Hotel are working to ensure that all measures of prevention are taken according to the guidance of the World Health Organization. Those are designed to address a broad range of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from hand-washing hygiene to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. We already know that Safety and Hygiene will be very important for holidaymakers. So we are presenting you with our Action Plan. The plan in detail:
1) Distance rule
In public areas such as hotel lobby, buffet, corridors and pool area, all of our team members will keep a distance of 1.5 to 2 meters between them and the guests.
For example, tables in restaurants will only be cleaned and disinfected only when guests have vacated
2) Personnel planning
Staff will work together in fixed teams in order to reconstruct possible infection chains.
In order to limit the number of guests in the main buffet restaurant during breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
- Capacities will be significantly reduced.
- Tables will be set up at a minimum distance of 1.5 meters apart.
- Removed table condiments (available upon request).
- Tables are sanitized after each use.
4) Pool / Beach Area
- Visitors will face restricted access depending on capacity
- Social distancing of 2m will be followed between sun loungers and umbrellas
- The use of a pool towel is obligatory on sun launchers
Hygiene & Disinfection
5) Increase in the number of available disinfectant dispensers around the hotel area
The number of dispensers will be significantly increased so that you and our team are able to disinfect our hands at all important contact points.
For example, all locations where food and drinks are offered as well as in the lobby area.
6) Room cleaning
Extensive new cleaning practices will be put in place to provide the best possible protection against potential Covid-19 viruses.
- All rooms will be thoroughly deep cleaned before your arrival and the same intensely robust cleaning protocols will be applied during every guest change over.
- The most frequently used areas, such as bathrooms, and most used devices and appliances like TV remote controls, doorknobs, and electric switches will receive particular attention and disinfection.
- Disinfection of curtains with special cleaning liquids utilizing steam cleaning machines before every guest’s arrival.
- During check-in, you will choose the change of sheets/towels and room cleaning to be made at normal schedule or only after your request.
- The housekeeper who is responsible for your room cleanliness will always wear all protective gear - mask, gloves, and before entering your room will disinfect her shoes.
7) Public Spaces
We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators (and elevator buttons), public bathrooms and room keys. All public areas are sanitized regularly.
In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, luggage room, and staff offices.
8) Restriction of self-service
Self-service offers such as buffets will be reduced to a minimum. Wherever possible, food and beverages will be served to guests by staff wearing protective masks and gloves.
We are taking standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates.
Angela Beach Hotel has been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) to stay updated on all new scientific guidelines.
On a daily basis, our team at the hotel is working to ensure we meet the latest guidelines on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from hand-washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at our hotel, we will immediately work with the relevant health authorities to obtain the step by step official guidance needed to go through with both guests and associates. We undertake an additional cleaning and disinfecting protocol of the common areas of the
hotel as well as the areas we know the guest has been during their stay. In addition, the hotel seals the guest’s room (preventing entry by staff or others) and undertakes a room
recovery protocol that is designed to disinfect everything in the room including sanitizing the air.